When Will AI Surpass Human Intelligence?
destinyland writes “21 AI experts have predicted the date for four artificial intelligence milestones. Seven predict AIs will achieve Nobel prize-winning performance within 20 years, while five predict that will be accompanied by superhuman intelligence. (The other milestones are passing a 3rd grade-level test, and passing a Turing test.) One also predicted that in 30 years, ‘virtually all the intellectual work that is done by trained human beings…can be done by computers for pennies an hour,” adding that AI “is likely to eliminate almost all of today’s decently paying jobs.’ The experts also estimated the probability that an AI passing a Turing test would result in an outcome that’s bad for humanity…and four estimated that probability was greater than 60% — regardless of whether the developer was private, military, or even open source.”
- Watson! IBM’s Artificial Intelligence Looks To Upstage Its Human Benefactors In Grand Jeopardy Challenge
- Brainy Crows Finally Stumped by Intelligence Test
- EFF Uncovers Widespread FBI Intelligence Violations
- Annual US Intelligence Bill Tops $80 Billion
- U.S. Intel Wants Super-Sensitive Human Lie-Detectors