Home > slashdot > Workers Poisoned Making Touchscreen Hardware

Workers Poisoned Making Touchscreen Hardware

October 29th, 2010 10:55 admin Leave a comment Go to comments

SocResp writes “A chemical called n-hexane has been poisoning the nervous systems of Chinese workers who assemble touchscreen devices for Apple and other companies, an investigative journalist from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports. It’s scary to think that people are being damaged to pursue high production rates. For companies with soaring profits and share prices, elaborate product development and marketing it seems they should be all the more culpable if they fail to take care of the production workers.”

Source: Workers Poisoned Making Touchscreen Hardware

Related Articles:

  1. Nokia Builds a Touchscreen Display Made of Ice
  2. Poisoned Google Image Searches Becoming a Problem
  3. Agloves Allow For Touchscreen Use On Cold Days
  4. SOPA Protests ‘Poisoned the Well,’ Says Congressional Staffer
  5. Large Corporations Displacing Aging IT Workers With H1-B Visa Workers
blog comments powered by Disqus