Wheel of Time TV Pilot Producers Sue Robert Jordan’s Widow For Defamation
An anonymous reader writes The tale of the late-night Wheel of Time pilot that aired in a paid infomercial slot on FXX has taken another odd turn. Producers Red Eagle Entertainment LLC and Manetheren LLC have filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for central California against Harriet McDougal (widow of James Rigney, who wrote the Wheel of Time novels under the pen name Robert Jordan), her company, Bandersnatch Group Inc., and twenty unnamed other persons (‘Does 1-20′). The suit alleges that McDougal’s statements about her lack of involvement in the pilot’s production constitute breach of contract, slander, and interference with contractual relations and prospective economic relations; the suit demands declaratory relief and a jury trial.
- Something Resembling ‘The Wheel of Time’ Aired Last Night On FXX
- After Online Defamation Suit, Dismissal of Malicious Prosecution Claim Upheld
- Verizon Charged Marine’s Widow an Early Termination Fee
- Wikipedia Editors Hit With $10 Million Defamation Suit
- Neil Armstrong’s Widow Discovers Moon Camera In Bag