SMS+ – Jailbreak App Enhances Messages iPhone App
biteSMSÂ is one of the popular alternatives for the Messages app as it includes number of features like smileys, quick reply, quick compose, scheduled SMS, delivery reports, signatures etc. that are not available in the native Messages app.
But the ad-free version of biteSMS costs $9.99 on Cydia or you need to buy credits to send SMS, which also includes a license. If you find it expensive, you can checkout a new jailbreak app called SMS+ was released couple of days back on Cydia, which adds tons of new features to enhance the native Messages app.
SMS+ is developed by Filippo Biga, who has brought us jailbreak apps like SpringtomizeÂ that allows users to customize almost all aspects of the iPhone and jailbreak tweaks such as CameraLock, which brings theÂ lock screen shortcutÂ feature introduced inÂ iOS 5Â for easy and quick access to the Camera app from the lock screen to iPhone users oniOS 4.1Â or later.
SMS+ adds the following features to Messages app:
- Quick reply (Activator gestures can also be configured)
- Text to speech
- Read later
- Status bar notifications
- Timestamps for every message
- Mark all as read
- Delete all
- Pull to sort (sort by date or by sender)
You can checkout the screenshouts of the jailbreak app below:
SMS+ is available on Cydia for $1.99.Â SMS+ does not come with all the features available in biteSMS, but if you don’t want to pay $9.99 for it, then SMS+ seems like a good option.
If you plan to check it out, let us know how it goes.
- biteSMS For iOS 5 Available For Beta Testing
- biteSMS 5.5 Released To Fix JailbreakMe 3.0 Compatibility Issues
- Rich Text For Mail – Jailbreak App Enhances Mail App
- FolderEnhancer: Jailbreak App That Enhances iOS 4 Folders Gets iOS 4.1 Support
- SnoozeOrStop: Jailbreak Tweak Adds Button To Stop iPhone Alarm From Lock Screen