Purported iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Logic Board Reveals Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor?
The GSMÂ iPhone 4Â and CDMA iPhone 4 themselves have different logic board designs, and the leaked part bears some resemblance to the latter version. The inclusion of a SIM card slot on the leaked logic board and its similarity to the CDMA logic board could possibly mean a dual-mode CDMA-GSM iPhone that supports both GSM and CDMA networks as some rumors have suggested.
Leaked iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S logic board
Logic board of CDMA iPhone 4 (top) and GSM iPhone 4 (bottom)
Another big takeaway from the leaked images is the possibility of the next iPhone running on Apple’s faster A5 system-on-chip, which currently powers iPad 2. This of course isn’t really surprising, the A4 chip first made its appearance on the iPad and later made its way to the iPhone 4.
The evidence that points to the A5 chip is the rectangular area meant for housing the processor found on the leakedÂ logicÂ board as compared to iPhone 4′s square enclosure. The A5, as revealed in iPad 2 teardowns isÂ rectangularÂ in shape while the A4 is square.
Ever since Apple launched iPad 2 with the A5 processor, it has been widely speculated that iPhone 5 will sport an A5 chip, in fact, according to one of the rumors, iPhone 5 has been delayed due to A5 chip overheating issue.
The dual-core 1GHz A5 system-on-chip is twice as fast as A4 and offers 9 times faster graphics, which means everything works better – apps load faster, smoother multitasking, improved gaming experience, better FaceTime video calls etc.
We can’t wait to get our hands on the next generation iPhone powered by the A5 chip. What about you?
- iOS 4.3 Reveals iPhone 5 Will Get iPad 2?s Dual-Core A5 Processor
- iPhone 5 With Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor, 8-Megapixel Camera Coming In September?
- Redesigned iPhone 5 Will Come With 8-Megapixel Camera, Faster A5 Dual-Core Processor & Possibly Also Include NFC Chip
- iPhone 5 Will Get Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor, 8-Megapixel Camera But Won’t Feature All-New Design
- Leaked Photo Of iPhone 5/iPhone 4S Logic Board With A5 Chip, Battery?