Build Your Own Fire Hose API with STREST – a New Protocol for Real-Time Data Streaming
Wiredset created the protocol to deal with the challenges it faced when building the Trendr API. The team needed a way to offer extremely high-volume API calls with low latency, deliver the results in real-time at scale, and do so through a RESTful interface.
- Fully duplexed streaming connections
- Support for multiple simultaneous streams on a single connection
- Websockets support out of the box
- HTTP Compatibility
In short: you can use this to power a pretty massive API. Anyone know of anything else like this?
- Build Real Time Web Apps Easier with NowJS
- Wayland 1.4 Released — Touch, Sub-Surface Protocol, Crop/Scale Support
- Amazon Launches Android-Powered ‘Fire TV’ For Streaming and Gaming
- Adobe Adopts HTTP Live Streaming For iOS
- Twitter Announces Fire Hose Marketplace: Up to 10k Keyword Filters for 30 Cents!