LivingSocial Acquires SocialMedia For $3 Million
Fast growing daily deal service LivingSocial, which just raised $400 million, has acquired long suffering social advertising network SocialMedia, we’ve confirmed. The price was just $3 million, all in LivingSocial stock. Unfortunately, the company had raised around $10 million from Charles River Ventures, Marc Andreessen, Naval Ravikant and Jeff Clavier.
What’s most fascinating about the acquisition isn’t the soft landing that the company has pulled off. It’s LivingSocial’s financials and capitalization information, disclosed during the deal negotiations, that has now landed in my inbox. More on that in a follow up post.
- LivingSocial Financials Exposed: $2.9 Billion Valuation, $50 Million In Revenue Per Month
- LivingSocial Hits A Million Amazon Gift Cards Sold, $20 Million In Card Value
- LivingSocial Expands Daily Deals Empire; Buys Ensogo, GoNabit And DealKeren
- LivingSocial Pulls A Groupon … And $200 Million Off The Table
- Social Commerce Startup LivingSocial Hits 10 Million Subscribers, Buys Urban Escapes