Forum Network CrowdGather Acquires Free Forum Host Forumer
LA-based Internet forum community GrowdGather has acquired free forum hosting platform Forumer for $400K in cash. Forumer will be joining CrowdGather’s other platforms Lefora and FreeForums.org as a hosting option for its 65,000 plus online forums.
Forumer currently serves 35 million monthly pageviews for 200,000 forums. The purchase increases CrowdGather’s network traffic by 50% from 90 million monthly pageviews at the beginning of this year to 135 million monthly pageviews and 13 million monthly unique visitors (CrowdGather was at 100 million before the acquisition).
CrowdGather (CRWG.OB) has been a publicly traded company since 2008 but just raised $7.85 million through private placement in March. Apparently it’s spending the money by going on a forum shopping spree, snapping up underpriced forums communities like rapmusic.com and digishoptalk.com and optimizing them for monetization.
- TrueCar Acquires News Corp-Backed Automotive Social Network Honk.com
- Fox Sports Interactive Acquires Sports News Blog Network Yardbarker
- Reply.com Acquires Marketing Network For Small Businesses MerchantCircle For $60 Million
- Populis, The “European Associated Content”, Acquires Blog Network Blogo For €6M
- Ubuntu Forum Security Breach