iOS 4.3.2 Already Jailbroken Using Redsn0w And PwnageTool
It has hardly been a few hours since Apple released iOS 4.3.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and weâ€™re already hearing reports that the latest iOS software update can be jailbroken using Redsn0w and PwnageTool released by the iPhone Dev team to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1.
iOS 4.3.2 includes fixes for theÂ iPad 3G connectivity and FaceTime issues.
In case of Redsn0w, the trick is to point it to iOS 4.3.1 when it prompts you to select the corresponding firmware file instead of iOS 4.3.2. It looks likeÂ PwnageTool 4.3 that was released for iOS 4.3.1 can be used to create custom iOS 4.3.2 firmware file.
However, the jailbreak is currently tethered (untethered only for iPhone 3GS with older bootrom) so it is advisable to wait for iPhone Dev team and iH8sn0w to release updated version of their jailbreaking tools for iOS 4.3.2.
Meanwhile, MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev team has also warned iPhone unlockers to stay away for iOS 4.3.2:
ultrasn0w unlockers stay away from today’s iOS 4.3.2! Everyone else, make sure you have your 4.3.1 SHSH blobs saved.
It remains to be seen if Apple has fixed the exploit discovered byÂ iPhone hacking expert Stefan Esser that was used in Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12, PwnageTool 4.3 and Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 to support an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1.
- PwnageTool 4.3.3, Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 And Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 Released For iOS 4.3.3
- iOS 5 Beta 2 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1
- Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Could Be Released Today (#sundayisfunday)
- iPhone Dev Team To Release Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak
- PwnageTool & Redsn0w For iOS 4.3.3 Updated; Includes Bug Fix & Improvements