Google: 3 Billion Android Apps Installed; Up 50 Percent From Last Quarter
On Google’s earnings call today, Jeff Huber, Senior VP Commerce and Local, revealed that there have been over 3 billion Android apps installed. And downloads of Android apps are up 50 percent from Q4 2010.
Huber also mentioned that 350,000 Android devices are being activated per day, a data point which was revealed this past week.
More to come
- Researchers Find Big Leaks In Pre-installed Android Apps
- Google’s Big Quarter So Far Worth Over $15 Billion To Wall St. Look Out Below, Microsoft.
- Gartner: Android Share Jumps To 25.5 Percent, Now Second Most Popular OS Worldwide
- 92% of Google TV Apps Were Pre-Installed, Not Downloaded
- Google Grows Revenues 23 Percent In Third Quarter (Earnings Slides)