The Future: Microsoft Demos A Kinect-Driven Armchair
The Kinect has already powered countless awesome hacks but even a motion-controlled mini humanoid isn’t in the same room as this Microsoft-built armchair. The MIX11 crowd pleaser was built using the upcoming Kinect PC SDK that opens up development over Visual Basic, C++, C#.
The chair itself is powered just by hand motions — even reclining — and feature omnidirectional wheels for smooth rolling. Right now it’s just a proof of concept, but Microsoft will release the chair’s source code with the SDK for further tomfoolery.
- Microsoft Announces Kinect SDK: Why This is the Future of Windows
- Microsoft Exec Says Xbox One Kinect Is Not Built For Advertising
- Is Microsoft’s Kinect a Gaming Failure?
- Microsoft Extends 360 With Avatar Kinect, Netflix Streaming And Hulu Plus With Kinect
- Microsoft Creates Kinect-Like System Using Laptop Speaker & Microphone