Microsoft’s Kinect SDK Can Track and Listen
mikejuk writes “Microsoft has given more information on the Kinect SDK to be released later in the year. It will include the body tracking software that is used by the Xbox version of the Kinect, allowing it to track up to two people at the same time and stay locked on to them even if they leave and re-enter the frame. In addition, they promise to allow the microphone array to be used with the PC’s speech recognition API. So, not only will future Kinect projects be able to track you — they can listen to what you say.”
- Microsoft Launches Kinect SDK For Windows
- Microsoft Extends 360 With Avatar Kinect, Netflix Streaming And Hulu Plus With Kinect
- Microsoft Creates Kinect-Like System Using Laptop Speaker & Microphone
- Microsoft Kinect 2.0 Specifications Leak, Includes Support For USB 3.0
- Is Microsoft’s Kinect a Gaming Failure?