Live Blog: Microsoft MIX 2011 Day 2
Today we’re at Microsoft MIX, a developers conference in Las Vegas. Microsoft will be trying to woo developers and presenting on HTML5, Windows Phone 7 and Silverlight.
Today we’re expecting to see more about mobile and Kinect.
9:05 The event kicked off with this video made by a fan. Joe Belfiore, corporate vice president and director of Windows Phone Program Management, says that if the video gets enough page views it will be turned into a television commercial “because we care about the community.”
9:08 Belfiore is addressing the issue of failed updates. Says issues weren’t widespread, but Microsoft decided to halt the updates because of uncertainty about how widespread the issues are.
9:11 He says that operators make the final call about when updates go out.
9:13 There are now 13,000 apps in the WP7 app market.
- Live Blog: Microsoft MIX 2011 Day 1
- Microsoft Doesn’t Expect Windows Phone 7 Sales To Catch Up To iOS or Android Any Time Soon
- Microsoft Launches Windows Phone 7 But Does Anyone Care?
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 8.1 Spring Update, To Focus On Non-touch Devices
- Microsoft Extends Updates For Windows XP Security Products Until July 2015