Former OfferPal CEO George Garrick Joins SocialShield
Garrick, who was an investor in SocialShield, is a seasoned technology exec that was most recently the CEO of Offerpal (which is now TapJoy) as well as Mochi Media. Garrick was also previously the CEO of Jingle Networks, Wine.com, PlaceWare (which was acquired by Microsoft), FlyCast Communications, Information Resources and A.C. Nielsen.
Founded by Noah Kindler and Arad Rostampour, SocialShield gives parents high level visibility into what kids are doing online and on social networks, and who they’re interacting with online and via mobile phones. SocialShield, which requires that both parents and children opt-in to the service, monitors kids’ picture sharing, social gaming and other social activity on networks that kids use the most (currently Facebook, Myspace and Twitter). Rather than giving parents access to kids’ accounts or copies of their online communications, Social Shield sends parents alerts when activity indicates potential danger.
- SocialShield Fights CyberBullying With New Features
- Security Software Startup, SocialShield, Raises $10 Million To Keep Kids Safe Online
- Tapjoy (AKA Offerpal) Raises $21M For App Distribution And Monetization Platform
- Offerpal’s CFO Bill Lonergan Jumps To Rival Ad Platform RadiumOne
- Most Parents Allow Unsupervised Internet Access To Children At Age 8