4INFO Nabs Mobile Ad Exec Ray Colwell As Chief Revenue Officer
Mobile advertising company 4INFO has made a key hire today. The company has added advertising exec Ray Colwell as chief revenue officer.
Most recently, Colwell was the vice president of national and direct sales at display ad network Collective. Colwell has helped to create mobile campaigns for brands including Discovery, Bank of America, Procter & Gamble and Ford and was previously vice president of mobile video ad network Transpera (which was recently acquired by Tremor Media).
He was also senior vice president of Third Screen Media (which was bought by AOL). Colwell has also held several sales and marketing positions at Yahoo, Lycos, Engage Technologies, Adsmart, Pointcast and Ziff-Davis.
Founded in 2005, 4INFO has dominated the SMS ad space, with roughly 3,000 publishers on its msgHaven platform. This publishing platform, which allows clients to manage the content and delivery of their SMS campaign, delivers around 400 million text messages each month (which has doubled in the past year).
The network, which has raised $38 million in funding, also reaches 78 million uniques a month in mobile display/apps through its AdHaven platform and audience network. The company is now profitable and pouring that money back into R&D and hiring.
- 4INFO Makes A Real Play For Display: AdHaven Platform Reaches 63 Million
- CrowdStar Nabs Seasoned Mobile Exec Alex Galvagni As New Studio Head
- The AdMob Exodus Continues; Sales Exec Leaves Google For Mobile Ad Firm Mojiva
- Shopkick Hires eCommerce Vet Doug Galen as Chief Revenue Officer; More Nationwide Deals Coming
- Comparison Engine FindTheBest Nabs Former Google Exec Rabin Yaghoubi As President