Sugar Inc Raises Another $15 Million To Grow Its Women-Focused Media Empire
Sugar Inc, a media company that caters exclusively to women, has closed a $15 million funding round led by Institutional Venture Partners, with participation from existing investor Sequoia Capital. The company has now raised $46 million in total since it was founded in 2006.
Sugar’s flagship site is PopSugar, and it also home to social shopping site ShopStyle, a free blogging platform for users called OnSugar, and a variety of topical blogs including FitSugar (fitness), PetSugar, and BuzzSugar (gossip). It draws 20 million visitors per month between its sites.
Sugar says that the company, which has been profitable for the last year, plans to use the new funding for further acquisitions (it bought virtual fashion assistant MyPerfectSale last October), international growth, and to extend its brand.
- Sugar Inc. Buys Virtual Fashion Shopping Assistant MyPerfectSale
- Buddy Media Raises $23 Million For Brand-Focused Facebook Page Management Platform
- SEC Watch: Female-Focused Personal Finance Guide LearnVest Raises $12 Million
- MyShape Raises $5.5 Million To Help Women Shop For Clothes That Fit Them
- Hold The Phone – Adknowledge Actually Raises $200 Million, Plans Acquisitions