Zillow Buys Real Estate Listings Creation And Distribution Tool Postlets
Founded in 2005, Postlets allows individual real estate agents, property managers and landlords to create listings and send them to 13 real estate and social media websites. The free platform itself makes syndication of listings easy. It allows you to create a listing and then automatically distribute the posting across the Web. Postlets also allows agents to create a personalized, customized landing page to showcase all postings in are centralized.
Postlets currently has more than 500,000 registered users have used the platform to create and distribute 350,000 for-sale and for-rent listings in the U.S. As part of the acquisition, Postlets co-founders Asher Matsuda and Raymond Chen have joined Zillow as full-time employees. Postlets will continue to send listings to its current distribution partners.
Zillow, which launched a mortgage marketplace in 2008, has expanded into rentals and mobile. The addition of listings management and syndication is added to the mix with the purchase of Postlets. Zillow is also looking at an IPO in the next year.
- Real Estate Listings Site Zillow Files For $51.75 Million IPO
- In A Down Real Estate Market, Trulia Scratches At Profitability
- Real Estate Mobile App Developer Smarter Agent Raises $6 Million
- Real Estate Community RentJuice Gets $6.2 Million From Tim Draper And Highland Capital
- Zillow Prices IPO Between $12 And $14 Per Share With Nearly $400 Million Valuation