nSphere Acquires Couponing Startup Peekaboo Mobile
Online business directory company nSphere has acquired mobile couponing startup Peekaboo Mobile. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but we hear the transaction was in the seven-figures. Peekaboo’s team will also join nSphere to manage its new mobile marketplace and future mobile-related initiatives.
Peekaboo Mobile provides a platform to local businesses looking to connect to consumers with location-targeted offers. Peekaboo says that it currently reaches over 50 million smartphone users through its Android and iPhone deal applications and partner network.
nSphere’s technology powers search results for local services, events, relevant news articles and more. The acquisition will be used by nSphere to establish a mobile platform to deliver hyper-local coupons and information on any search topic directly to mobile handsets. Peekaboo Mobile will continue to run its mobile couponing company and will eliminate all monthly or yearly service fees required of current business owners and provide the Peekaboo platform free of charge for all future clients.
- Axel Springer Acquires Most Of Mobile Coupons Startup KaufDa For $40 Million
- Millennial Media Acquires Mobile Data Startup Condaptive
- Neomobile Acquires Mobile Payments Startup Onebip
- Local Mobile Ad Network xAD Buys Mobile Search And Ad Assets Of Go2 Media
- SuccessFactors Acquires Enterprise Social Learning Startup Jambok