The Dying DVR Box and Woz Wisdom
Lucas123 writes “At SNW in Santa Clara this past week, a diverse group of techies shared insights into their industries, such as the DVR market. TiVo’s senior director of IT, Richard Rothschild, for instance, explained how those set-top boxes track everything you watch for advertising and marketing and then combine the information with supermarket membership card data to determine how effective ad campaigns are. Oh, and TiVo’s planning to integrate its box with your flatscreen, so no more set-top device. And Steve Wozniak attacked the American education system, saying students should be graded on a single, long-term project rather than a short learning/testing cycle. ‘In school, intelligence is a measurement,’ he said. ‘If you have the same answer as everyone else in math or science, you’re intelligent.’”
Source: The Dying DVR Box and Woz Wisdom
- Woz: Apple Almost Launched A Phone In 2004, Android Will “Win The Race”
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Confirms White iPhone 4 Delay Due To Issue With Paint; Launch Imminent
- Most Useful OS For High-School Science Education?
- Medical Students Open To Learning With Video Games
- Mixed Signs On the State of IT Education