SocialGuide Raises $1.5 Million For Social TV Guide
Exclusive - SocialGuide, a New York-based startup building a realtime ‘social TV guide’, has secured $1.5 million in funding led by a group of angel investors including Alex Zubillaga, the former head of digital strategy at Warner Music.
The capital will be used for technology developments and expanding key business relationships.
“The social TV space is nascent and is still being defined,” said Sean Casey, Founder and CEO of SocialGuide.
“This funding will allow us to continue on the path of creating a true social TV platform that goes beyond check-in, to driving tune-in and creating deep social engagement experiences for consumers and networks.”
SocialGuide basically mines, filters, displays and ranks discussions happening on the most popular social networks about TV in real time, enabling users to discover new shows and interact with their friends, fellow fans and stars of their favorite shows.
From the looks of it, mobile apps are ‘coming soon’.
- Alliance Health Raises $11 Million For Condition-Specific Social Networks
- Sprout Social Raises $1 Million For Social Media Management Platform
- Social Advertising Startup BuzzLogic Tries A New Business Model, Raises $7.8 Million
- Social Commerce Platform 8thBridge Raises $10 Million
- 33Across Raises $9 Million For Social Ad Targeting Platform