Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11: Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Updated With Animated Custom Boot Logo Option
iPhone Dev team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11 to allow users to add animated custom boot logo to their jailbroken iOS devices.
iPhone Dev team had released Redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 for Mac and Windows and PwnageTool 4.3 for Mac to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1 and Apple TV 2G users few days back.
Dev Team has provided the following information on their blog about the latest version of Redsn0w:
Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because youâ€™re not using an iPad).Â Â Release rc10 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreakâ€¦be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
Along the way, weâ€™ve also added the option to enable boot animationsâ€¦these animations can be installed via Cydia, but be sure to select which animation to use via the Settings->Bootlogo setting after youâ€™ve downloaded an animation (and again, you can just run rc10 rc11 over your existing jailbreakâ€¦be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
(The boot animation we tested against was â€œAndroid Boot Logoâ€.Â It correctly installs all the dependencies needed to run the animation at each boot).
Redsn0w 0.9.6rc11 support the following iOS devices for iOS 4.3.1:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1: Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Updated To Add Support For Apple TV 2G, Animated Boot Logos & Bug Fixes
- iPhone Dev Team To Release Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak
- Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Could Be Released Today (#sundayisfunday)
- Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14: Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released
- How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPad 1 Running iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w