Survey Shows AT&T iPhone Drop Call Rate More Than Twice Verizon iPhone
Based on the latest survey by market research firm – ChangeWave Research, Verizon iPhone 4 users are observing fewer dropped calls than AT&Tâ€™s iPhone 4 users.
The survey that was carried out several weeks after Verizon iPhone 4 was launched in February provides some interesting statistics. The sample size of the survey was about 4,068 consumers.
As you can see below, the percentage of dropped calls experienced by Verizon iPhone 4 users is only 1.8% compared to 4.8% experienced by AT&T iPhone 4 users.
The percentage of dropped calls on Verizonâ€™s network (1.4%) is the lowest among the top four carriers in the US in March 2011, T-Mobile (2.3%) comes in second, followed by Sprint/Nextel (2.7%), while the percentage of dropped calls is the highest on AT&Tâ€™s network (4.6%).
However, AT&T could take solace in the fact that it actually fared better in the call drop rates department compared to previous surveys. AT&Tâ€™s dropped call rate fell to 4.6 percent in March 2011 from 6 percent measured in September 2010. But it is still way above Verizonâ€™s 1.4 per cent.
Despite the higher percentage of dropped calls, the overall satisfaction of AT&Tâ€™s iPhone 4 customers and Verizonâ€™s iPhone 4 customers is almost identical (80% vs 82%).
Were you surprised by the survey results? Are you satisfied with your iPhone carrier? Please share your experience in the comments below.
- Survey: 26% Of AT&T’s iPhone Customers Planning To Leave AT&T For Verizon
- Survey Shows 34% Of Non-AT&T Customers Would Have Purchased iPhone If Available On Their Carrier
- Study Shows AT&T iPhone Owners Rely On WiFi More Than Verizon iPhone Users
- Survey: 35% Of Customers Will Buy iPhone 5 Even Though They Have Never Seen Or Tried It
- AT&T Drops Three Times More Calls Than Verizon