Kana Software Buys Social Media Monitoring Platform Overtone
Overtone, which has raised $20.5 million in funding, develops a SaaS applications that allows companies to monitor social media platforms and analyze customer sentiment, emerging issues, and topic trends.
Overtone’s platform will be added to Kana’s customer service management platform to give service agents the ability to listen to conversations about a brand or company on social media channels. Service agents will be able to track customer conversations across social networks, email, web feedback forms, chat, surveys, and online communities.
Social media monitoring platforms are being scooped up left and right. Last week Salesforce spent $326 million on Radian6.
- Salesforce Buys Social Media Monitoring Company Radian6 For $326 Million
- IAC’s CityGrid Media Buys Social Media Monitoring And Analysis Platform BuzzLabs
- Meltwater Debuts Social Media Monitoring Platform Buzz Engage
- Salesforce Closes $326M Acquisition Of Social Media Monitoring Company Radian6
- Social Media Monitoring Company Visible Technologies Lands $6 Million