Do Violent Games Hinder Development of Empathy?
donniebaseball23 writes “Although there’s yet to be a study that conclusively proves a direct causal relationship between video game violence and real-life violence, psychologists are continuing to examine the effect violent media can have on children. A new study in the Journal of Children and Media notes that violent video game exposure can actually hinder a child’s moral development. ‘Certainly not every child who continues to play violent video games is going to go out and perpetrate a violent act, but the research suggests that children — particularly boys — who are frequently exposed to these violent games are absorbing a sanitized message of “no consequences for violence” from this play behavior,’ said Professor Edward T. Vieira Jr.”
- Study Suggests Violent Video Games May Make Teens Less Violent
- Another Study Attacks Violent Video Games, Claims To Be “Conclusive”
- Study Finds That Video Games Hinder Learning In Young Boys
- Violent Video Games Only Affect Some People
- New Study Fails To Show That Violent Video Games Diminish Prosocial Behavior