Jive and Salesforce.com Get Hitched by Appirio
Jive and Salesforce.com have been seen as competitors since at least the announcement of Chatter, which brought Salesforce.com into the enterprise 2.0 market. Jive has also started to encroach on Salesforce.com territory by announcing its Jive Apps Market, a competitor to the Salesforce.com AppExchange and Force.com platform.
But now, Appirio is making the two vendors’ services work in harmony.
Appirio announced this week a new series apps that will integrate customer relation management information from Salesforce.com with the enterprise collaboration features of Jive. The first of these apps, part of Appirio’s CloudWorks line, is based around what Appirio calls “collaborative selling.”
The debut app is already available for Jive 5 beta customers, and will be available in the Jive Apps Market once Jive 5 officially launches. Future plans include applications for customer service, marketing, account management and partner management.
The Appirio services demonstrate the value that systems integrators and third-party developers can bring to applications and services that have robust APIs.
Appirio was founded in 2006 and os funded by Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital. It also offers integrations between Salesforce.com and Google Apps.
This integration comes hot on the heals of the announcement that Salesforce.com will integrate with QuickBooks Online.
- Appirio Makes Salesforce Chatter + Twitter Integration into a Contest
- Mother Ships, the App World and a Sense of What’s to Come
- Ask a VC: Why SaaS Is More than a New Business Model, Plus Salesforce v. Yammer v. Jive (TCTV)
- Intuit and Salesforce.com and Team-Up to Bring CRM to QuickBooks Online
- Jive Launches Facebook Connector To Integrate Content Into Support Communities