Social Media Monitoring Company Visible Technologies Lands $6 Million
A mere day after Salesforce announced that it was acquiring social media monitoring company Radian6 for $326 million in cash and stock, rival Visible Technologies this morning announced that it has secured an extra $6 million in financing.
The round was led by the company’s previous backers, which include Investor Growth Capital, Centurion Holdings, Ignition Partners, In-Q-Tel and WPP. Visible Technologies has raised a total of $45 million in funding to date.
Visible Technologies aims to provide its clients with a 360-degree view of social media chatter, and helps businesses turn this data into actionable marketing and business strategies.
Visible Technologies CEO Kelly Pennock yesterday penned a blog post on Salesforce’s purchase of Radian6, positing that social media monitoring is going mainstream and that the acquisition – for a ‘great premium’ – validates the space.
- Salesforce Buys Social Media Monitoring Company Radian6 For $326 Million
- Salesforce Closes $326M Acquisition Of Social Media Monitoring Company Radian6
- Radian6 Acquires Social Media Firm 6Consulting
- Kana Software Buys Social Media Monitoring Platform Overtone
- IAC’s CityGrid Media Buys Social Media Monitoring And Analysis Platform BuzzLabs