iPhone Dev Team Confirms Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.1 Is ‘Solid’
We had reported couple of days back that iPhone hacking expert Stefan Esser who goes by the Twitter handle i0n1cÂ had figured out a way to jailbreakÂ iOS 4.3.1, which was untethered.
He had also handed over the the untethered iOS 4.3 jailbreak to iPhone Dev team so that they could test it before releasing it to users. MuscleNerd, one of the members of theÂ iPhone Dev team has revealed that the untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak is ‘solid’.
well @i0n1câ€™s untether is solid! Just working out overall 4.3.x JB issues and Cydia
Sn0wbreeze for Windows and PwnageTool for Mac with custom bundles can already jailbreakiOS 4.3.1. However, they support only a tethered jailbreak, so users have to use iBooty (Windows) or tetheredboot utility (Mac) to boot into jailbroken state if they need to reboot their iOS device.
[via Twitter (MuscleNerd)]
- iPhone Dev Team To Release Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak
- Sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 2 Gets Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Support For iPhone 3GS With Older Bootrom
- Dev Team: PwnageTool, Limera1n, Comex Hacks Will Be Able To Jailbreak Future iOS Firmwares For iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G
- ‘Spirit’ Jailbreak Can Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3
- Pod2g Confirms IOS 6, IOS 6.1 Beta 4 Untethered Jailbreak