> Facebook Launches New Mobile Website
Facebook Launches New Mobile Website
Facebook has announced that it is rolling out an upgraded version of its mobile website, which it believes will bring the best mobile web experience to mobile devices.
Prior to this, Facebook had two websites: m.facebook.com for less feature-rich mobile devices, while touch.facebook.com was for touch based smartphones like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Facebook will merging the two websites (into m.facebook.com) to reduce the confusion and will also help them to develop and rollout new features more easily.
Lee Byron, Head of Mobile Product at Facebook explains that the problems with their earlier approach:
Source: Facebook Launches New Mobile Website
- Facebook Now Has 250 Million Mobile Users (And A New Unified Mobile Website To Match)
- Its Future Uncertain, Myspace Launches New Mobile Site, iPhone Application
- Facebook Launches Simple Mobile Payments
- Playboy Launches Safe For Work Website
- Facebook Launches “Home” For Android