Facebook Games Developer MegaZebra Closes ‘Multi-Million’ Euro Funding Round
Exclusive - Munich, Germany-based social games developer and publisher MegaZebra has secured ‘multiple millions of euros’ in its latest round of financing led by Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures. Previous backer Kizoo Technology Ventures also participated, alongside private investor Markus Stolz.
Founded in 2008 and originally supporting a variety of social networks, MegaZebra in the course of last year shifted its focus squarely on developing and publishing games for the Facebook platform only.
MegaZebra will use the additional capital to hire more people and get more social games out there. Its most popular game to date is Mahjong Trails, followed by Jewels Rock and CrazyBunnies. The full catalog can be found here.
Sitar Teli from Doughty Hanson has joined MegaZebra’s board together with Matthias Hornberger of Kizoo.
MegaZebra rivals social game developers like Playfish and Wooga here in Europe – the latter has raised over $7.5 million in financing from investors like Balderton Capital and Holtzbrinck Ventures, while the former was acquired by Electronic Arts back in November 2009.
- Intel Leads $12 Million Round In Game Developer Digital Chocolate
- Social Games Developer Social Point Raises €2.4 Million
- Mobile Ad Network Jumptap Closes $25 Million Funding Round
- SoundCloud Raises $50 Million Round Led By Kleiner Perkins
- Urban Airship Closes $5.4 Million Funding Round To Help Power Mobile Apps