50% of Tweets Consumed Come From
.05% of Users
ajensen201102 writes “A mere 20,000 Twitter users steal almost half of the spotlight on Twitter, which now ropes in a billion tweets every week. That means only 0.05% of the social network’s user base attracts attention, according to a new Yahoo Research study. From the article: ‘Like findings in previous studies, the researchers for this one conclude Twitter resembles an information-sharing hub rather than a social network, with the top generators garnering huge follower tallies but not following their content consumers in return.’”
- Twitter Will Now Send You An Email If A Follower Retweets Or Favorites Your Tweets
- HeyWire And Twitter Partner To Allow Users To Send Tweets Via SMS For Free
- Twitter Reaches 200 Million Tweets A Day, But How Many Come From Bots?
- HeyWire Debuts App To Allow Users To Send Texts And Tweets Via SMS From Facebook
- For Sale: Your Old Tweets