DST Sets Up New Fund, Joins Huge Rounds For Spotify And China’s 360buy: Reports
According to Russian business newspaper Vedomosti (via Quintura), star investor Digital Sky Technologies has set up a new fund dubbed DST Global – 2. The fund has already made investments in Groupon (January 2011) and is close to investing $50 million in exchange for 5 percent of online music startup Spotify as part of a $100 million round, according to the paper.
You may remember we broke the news that DST was indeed about to lead a huge financing round for Spotify back in February.
Interesting sidenote: the DST Global – 2 fund this time includes international investors (“Western funds”) as limited partners, according to Vedomosti’s report.
We’re digging for more information and will update when we learn more.
Further reading: DST’s Yuri Milner Buys $70 Million Home In Silicon Valley
- Chinese e-Commerce Site 360buy Grabs $1.5B From DST And Others
- DST About To Lead Huge Spotify Funding
- Chinese Game Developer The9 Sets Up $100 Million Fund For App Developers
- Spotify Announcing US Launch; Closing European Service To Fund It
- How Chris Sacca And J.P. Morgan Acquired 10% Of Twitter Via Huge Secret Secondary Fund