WP7 Predicted To Beat iPhone By 2015
WrongSizeGlass writes “InformationWeek is reporting that Windows Phone 7 will overtake Apple’s iPhone by 2015 according to IDC. IDC predicts 2015 will bring: Android 45.4%, WP7 & WinMobile 20.9%, iOS 15.3%, RIM 13.7%, Symbian 0.2%, and ‘Others’ 4.6%. These numbers would move WP7 into 2nd place and leave iOS in 3rd place with a slightly smaller piece of the smart phone pie than they current hold (15.7%). The author of the InformationWeek story isn’t buying IDC’s forecast, because of WP7′s anemic sales to date and Microsoft’s recent stumbles with its first two updates. I have to wonder if WP7 will still be Microsoft’s smartphone OS in 2015 or if they’ll have moved to WP8.”
- IDC Predicts Windows Phone Will Beat RIM & Apple by 2015
- Forrester Forecasts One Third Of U.S. Online Consumers Will Own A Tablet By 2015
- White iPhone Delayed Again. Now Due Next Spring, Will It Beat The iPhone 5 To Market?
- Is Consumer Reports Right In Warning Against The Verizon iPhone?
- Verizon Crows About iPhone 4 “Record Sales,” Doesn’t Name Numbers