iPad 2 Jailbreak Vulnerability Fixed In iOS 4.3.1
We had heard rumors that one of the reasons Apple was planning to release iOS 4.3.1 was to fix the iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability in iOS 4.3.
It looks like the rumors were accurate as Comex has revealed that Apple has patched the vulnerability in iPad 2 in iOS 4.3.1 released few days back.
He revealed this via the following tweets:
As noticed by @0naj, my kernel exploit was fixed in 4.3.1.
I try not to be paranoid, but it is really hard to explain this as anything but a leak.
It stayed there from 4.0.2 through 4.3, but was magically found in time for 4.3.1. well, go go @MuscleNerd and @i0n1c I guess
Apple has also patched the limera1n and SHAtter bootrom exploit in iPad 2. So Apple continues to make it more difficult to jailbreak iOS devices and stay ahead in the cat and mouse game.
Meanwhile, as reported yesterday Stefan Esser, iPhone hacking expert has passed the untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak to iPhone Dev Team for beta testing. However, the untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak wonâ€™t be able to jailbreak iPad 2.
As of now,Â Sn0wbreeze for Windows andÂ PwnageTool for Mac with custom bundles can jailbreakÂ iOS 4.3.1. However, they support only a tethered jailbreak, so users have to use iBooty (Windows) or tetheredboot utility (Mac) to boot into jailbroken state if they need to reboot their iOS device.
[via Twitter (Comex)]
- Apple To Release iOS 4.3.1 Within One To Two Weeks To Fix Bugs And iPad 2 Jailbreak Vulnerability
- iSSLfix: Jailbreak Tweak Fixes SSL Vulnerability For Jailbroken iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch On iOS 4.3.3
- Dev Team: PwnageTool, Limera1n, Comex Hacks Will Be Able To Jailbreak Future iOS Firmwares For iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G
- Apple May Release iOS 4.3.4 To Fix Exploit Used By Leaked iPad 2 Jailbreak
- Update On iPad 2 Jailbreak