Yahoo Seeks Open Source Community Support
itwbennett writes “Yahoo plans to release some technologies, including storage technologies, to the open source community, a senior executive of the company said. These are systems that Yahoo built to help it handle large numbers of users on its websites, but that don’t necessarily give it a competitive advantage, said David Chaiken, chief architect at Yahoo.”
- Andy Rubin On Android’s Openness: Light On Community, Heavy On Open Source
- Lennart Poettering: Open Source Community “Quite a Sick Place To Be In”
- Oracle Attacks Open Source; Says Community-Developed Code Is Inferior
- Wikimedia Community Debates H.264 Support On Wikipedia Sites.
- Yahoo Takes YSlow to GitHub for Community Contributions