Upstream Commerce Helps E-Retailers Price Their Products, Raises $1.25 Million
Exclusive - Upstream Commerce, a provider of a cloud-based, automated competitive pricing and product analytics solution for online retailers not to be confused with mobile marketing solutions company Upstream Systems, has raised $1.25 million in funding from YL Ventures, TechCrunch has learned.
The company basically helps online retailers proactively adjust product pricing to the most appropriate levels based on market conditions.
To help them do that, Upstream Commerce searches through competitors’ sites 24/7 and analyzes relevant data such as their latest promotions, product assortment and recent pricing changes, all in order to provide their customers with actionable insights.
Upstream Commerce was founded by Amos Peleg and Shai Geva. Both previously held executives roles at Mercado Software (acquired by Omniture, now Adobe).
YL Ventures managing partner Yoav Leitersdorf has joined the startup’s board of directors as part of the investment.
- Digby Lands $8 Million To Help Retailers Power Mobile Commerce
- PowerReviews Raises $10 Million To Power Customer Reviews For Retailers And Brands
- AT&T Rolls Out Digby-Powered Mobile Commerce Software For Retailers
- MyBuys Raises $20 Million To Help Online Retailers Cater To Individual Visitors
- Facebook E-Commerce Platform Payvment Raises $6 Million