Roundup: Rugged Flash Drives
Flash drives are a dime a dozen these days, so if you’re going to actually spend money on one, it may as well be one that can take a little abuse. After all, if you plan on having it with you everywhere you go, there’s a good chance this thing is going to get dropped, sat on, spilled on, and otherwise beaten up.
The big flash drive sellers all have entries in this category, some newer than others. I thought it’d be worth taking a closer look at these to see whether they live up to their rugged pedigree, and whether that pedigree is worth the money to begin with.
Source: Roundup: Rugged Flash Drives
- Encryption Cracked On NIST-Certified Flash Drives
- Cubans Evade Censorship By Exchanging Flash Drives
- Apple’s iPad Disassembled; Reveals Two Battery Cells, Samsung Flash Memory, More Rugged Than Macbooks
- Ask Slashdot: Rugged E-book Reader?
- For First Three Years, Consumer Hard Drives As Reliable As Enterprise Drives