Nokia – No More Symbian Phones After 2012
mikejuk writes “After the decision to go with Windows Phone 7 it has been obvious that the fate of the Symbian Phone — the phone that sold more than iPhone or Android — wasn’t good. However where there is life there is hope and some developers and users clung to the hope that there might be more Symbian phones in the future. Perhaps they could coexist with Nokia Windows Phone 7 devices. Now, in a open letter to developers Nokia have made it clear that they will create no more Symbian phones after 2012 and they will just wait for the old phones to fade way while trying to sell Windows Phones to the existing users.”
- Nokia Reveals Symbian Update, New Phones & Ovi Store Numbers
- Symbian Sells Millions, Despite Nokia Pushing Windows Phone
- Nokia’s 808 PureView Officially the End of the Symbian Line
- Nokia Keeps Pumping Meego And Symbian – But What App Developer Will Now Bother?
- Nokia Puts 41MPixel Camera In a (Symbian) Phone