Gitmarks: A Bookmark Sharing System Built on Git
GitMarks is a command-line based social bookmarking tool built on Git with Python. It’s a script that grabs the content from a URL and stores in Git repository where it can be searched with GREP. It features tags and descriptions, and can import bookmarks from Delicious.
It seems like it could be useful for research teams, or to quickly dump lots of content in one place for future text mining.
Here’s an example usage:
python gitmark.py -m 'ReadWriteWeb' -t web,hacking,tools,development http://readwriteweb.com
That would bookmark http://readwriteweb.com, with the description “ReadWriteWeb” and the tags “web, hacking, tools, development.”
- Bookmark Synchronizer Xmarks Hangs Up Their Hats
- RockMelt: A Browser Built For Sharing (First Impressions And 500 Exclusive Invites)
- Pool Party: Google Has Their Own Secret Photo-Sharing App Too — Built By Slide
- The 8-Bit Computer That’s Been Built By Hand
- Sponsor Post: Built to Print, Built to Perform – Epson Delivers the Gold Standard Printer