Twimal: Super-Cute Twitter Toy Pet Reads Tweets For You
Japan is crazy about Twitter, and today local toy maker Takara Tomy has announced Twimal (short for “Twitter Animal”) [JP], a super-cute toy “pet” that can reads out tweets loud for you. The white version does this with a female voice, while the blue Twimal uses a male voice.
Takara Tomy says that once connected via USB to a computer (Windows XP/Vista/7 only), the Twimal is able to track and read your own tweets, replies, up to three hash tags, tweets coming from users on lists, tweets coming from specific users etc.
It’s also possible to operate two Twimals at the same time and change the way their voices sound. You can view a promo video here (in Japanese).
The Twimal will be available in Japan starting March 31 (price: $31) – if you’re interested ask specialized online stores like Rinkya or Geek Stuff 4 U (I am not sure how good the Twimal is in reading tweets in English though).
- Twitter’s Latest TPS Report Has The Super Bowl Topping The World Cup In Tweets — But Not New Year’s
- New Twitter Stats: 140M Tweets Sent Per Day, 460K Accounts Created Per Day
- Twitter Reaches 200 Million Tweets A Day, But How Many Come From Bots?
- Twitter Grows Up, Adds “Promoted Tweets”
- Twitter To Block 3rd Party Paid Tweets