Breaking Into the Super Collider
BuzzSkyline writes “A group of physicists went AWOL from the American Physical Society conference in Dallas this week to explore the ruins of the nearby Superconducting Super Collider. The SSC was to be the world’s largest and most ambitious physics experiment. It would have been bigger than the LHC and run at triple the energy. But the budget ran out of control and the project was scrapped in 1993.”
Source: Breaking Into the Super Collider
- Stateside Smasher Switching Off: Tevatron Particle Collider to Close in 2011
- Large Hadron Collider (LHC) Generates a ‘Mini-Big Bang’
- Particle Physics, Meet Crafting: The Large Hadron Collider Quilts
- Ask Slashdot: Should Scientists Build a New Particle Collider In Japan?
- Large Hadron Collider is a Time Machine?