iPad 2 International Launch: Apple Begins Taking Online Orders; Will Ship In 2-3 Weeks
As expected, Appleâ€™s iPad 2 was available on Appleâ€™s Online store in Australia and New Zealand at 1:00 am local time and will be available in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK shortly.
But the iPad 2 online orders in New Zealand and Australia are shipping in 2 to 3 weeks instead of shipping immediately.
So even though Apple hasnâ€™t delayed the launch, it looks like the strong demand for iPad 2 in the US and the rumored production issues in Japan due to the earthquake is also affecting the delivery time in International markets.
Interestingly, the shipping estimates for iPad 2 in the US has come down to 3-4 weeks instead of 4-5 weeks.
So if you want to get your hands on iPad 2 a lot earlier then the best option would be to line up early at the local Apple or partner retail store as they will be available from 5:00 pm local time.
Are you planning to buy iPad 2? Are you planning to order it online or start lining up early on Friday? Let us know in the comments below.
- First iPad 2 Online Orders Are Arriving; New Online Orders Will Ship In 4-5 Weeks
- Shipping Estimates For New International iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Slip To 1-2 Weeks
- International iPad Launch Date And Pricing Announced; Pre-Orders Begin On May 10
- Apple Confirms UK iPad 2 Launch Still On March 25th
- iPhone 4S Sold Out For Launch Day In Less Than 24 Hours At Apple