Meltwater Group Buys Social CRM Startup JitterJam For $6 Million
Social media monitoring company Meltwater Group has acquired JitterJam, a startup that develops CRM software. Meltwater purchased JitterJam for $6 million, and all of JitterJam’s employees will join Meltwater.
JitterJam blends email and social media with your contacts database to provide an intelligent layer on top of sales functions to convert conversations into customers. Core features include social profiles of contacts, analytics, notifications, social search and more. JitterJam will be integrated into Meltwater’s Buzz product.
Meltwater offers a number of social media and news monitoring applications to business users. The company says it is now seeing $100 million in revenue per year, and serves more than 18,000 customers.
Meltwater previously bought social media monitoring client BuzzGain last year for $4 million and plans on acquiring more businesses this yeat to expand its product suite.
- Meltwater Debuts Social Media Monitoring Platform Buzz Engage
- Constant Contact Buys Social CRM Startup Bantam Live For $15 Million In Cash
- Salesforce Buys Social Media Monitoring Company Radian6 For $326 Million
- Social Commerce Startup LivingSocial Hits 10 Million Subscribers, Buys Urban Escapes
- Cloud Sherpas Buys Google Apps Deployment Startup Omnetic