Social Game Developer A Bit Lucky Scores $5M From Nexon
Social game developer A Bit Lucky has raised $5 million in new funding from South Korean gaming company Nexon. This brings A Bit Lucky’s funding to nearly $8 million. Previous investors include SV Angel, Founder Collective, Felicis Ventures, Lerer Ventures, Delicious founder Joshua Schachter, and others.
A Bit Lucky, which was founded by Frederic Descamps and Jordan Maynard, is best known for its popular Facebook game, Lucky Train. While Lucky Train doesn’t reach the scale of games like CityVille and FarmVille, its Facebook game is seeing around 1 million monthly active users.
Nexon has been making a number of investments recently in smaller game developers including Antic Entertainment in Ontario, Canada, BoomBang Games in Spain and one2tribe in Poland.
- Quepasa, The Facebook For Latinos, Buys Social Game Developer XtFT For $4 Million
- Zynga Continues Shopping Spree; Buys Social Game Studio DNA Games
- Intel Leads $12 Million Round In Game Developer Digital Chocolate
- Social Games Developer Social Point Raises €2.4 Million
- Facebook Games Developer MegaZebra Closes ‘Multi-Million’ Euro Funding Round