> Bu.tt Gets Kicked Off The Internet
Bu.tt Gets Kicked Off The Internet
Weep, my fellow internauts. Bu.tt, the amusingly named URL shortener that launched to ‘kick it’ a mere five months ago, is no more.
In a brief message posted on the service’s homepage, the venture capital backed startup behind the URL shortener (just kidding) poetically explains the reason for the abrupt ending of this beautiful, heartwarming story:
We sincerely apologize to our dedicated users but our ISP will no longer support Bu.tt due to constant abuse by spammers.
To which one can only respond with a question: seriously dudes, there were dedicated users besides those spammers?
Hat tip goes to one of those hardcore users, Brazilian entrepreneur Marco Vanossi.
Source: Bu.tt Gets Kicked Off The Internet
- Graphing Internet Interaction To Spot Spammers
- Google Apps To Pull Support For Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, And Safari 3
- Internet Explorer 9 Will Not Support Windows XP
- New SimCity To Require Constant Internet Connection
- Internet Access While Sailing? (Revisited)
Categories: techcrunch beautiful heartwarming story, fellow, fellow internauts, five months, hat tip, Marco Vanossi, rsquo, shortener, Spammers, URL, Weep