OMG/JK: Storming The Paywall
It’s time for a new episode of OMG/JK, the weekly show where my colleague MG Siegler and I talk about the latest news in tech.
We both just got back from South By Southwest, and we have plenty to say about the promotions, product launches, and other news (or lack thereof) that came out of one of year’s biggest tech events.
We also take a look at the new paywall that will soon be implemented by The New York Times — a move that many other publishers are watching closely as they look for new revenue streams.
Finally, we talk about Twitter’s move to discourage the development of more third-party Twitter clients, which has led to significant backlash from the developer community.
Here are some recent stories relevant to this week’s episode:
- At SXSW, Advertising Was This Year’s Twitter, iPad 2 Was This Year’s Foursquare
- GroupMe Won The SXSW Group Messaging Wars, Says Infographic
- Marissa Mayer: 40% Of Google Maps Usage Is Mobile (And There Are 150 Million Mobile Users)
- All You Need To Know About The NYTimes.com Paywall
- The Google Loophole Has Become The Facebook/Twitter Loophole
- Twitter Drops The Ecosystem Hammer: Don’t Try To Compete With Us On Clients, Focus On Data And Verticals
Source: OMG/JK: Storming The Paywall