Manage Projects From Your iPad with Smartsheet
Smartsheet, a collaborative tool for managing work and projects, has been made available to iPad users in the form of an iOS-friendly, HTML5 Web app.
At its core, Smartsheet is a bit like a glorified, Web-based spreadsheet program, but it’s geared toward managing tasks, planning projects and collaborating with others. It has calendars, Gantt charts and chat built right in, making an ideal solution for managing work and ensuring that nothing slips.
The iPad version of the product lets you edit project documents and collaborate with others in real-time. Its interface is akin to the desktop version, but of course simplified and optimized for the tablet form factor.
It’s unsurprising that we’re starting to see more and more of this type of application made available on the iPad, especially as tablets explode in adoption and continue to find their place in business and professional productivity.
Rather than downloading a native iOS app from the App Store, users of Smartsheet can simply access it from the browser on their tablet device.
Smartsheet starts at $9.95/month for a basic account. They’re offering a free 30-day trial, which you can activate from either the desktop or iPad.
- iPad for Business Round-Up: WebEx for iPad2 and More
- Why Do Projects Continue To Support Old Python Releases?
- iPad Video Editing Gets Serious With Avid Studio
- Keynote ’11 To Get AirPlay Support To Stream Presentations To Apple TV; AT&T iPad 3G Users Can Now Manage Data Online
- Why the iPad Works For Productivity