Genius.com Raises Series E Funding – Misspells ‘Genius’
Genius.com this morning announced that it has closed its fifth round of venture capital funding, led by Emergence Capital. Existing investors Mohr Davidow Ventures, Accel Partners and Deep Fork Capital also participated in the round, while earlier backer Walden International apparently did not.
The size of the round was not disclosed – Genius.com had raised over $40 million over four rounds in the past according to CrunchBase.
In a stupendous twist of irony, the San Mateo company managed to misspell its own name in the press release (pasted below for posterity), triggering yours truly to chuckle.
Funny typos aside, Genius.com, which offers marketing automation and sales lead management solutions, says it has been operating profitably and will use the additional capital to step up product development and marketing efforts.
- Social Stream Reader Threadsy Raises $3 Million In Series B Funding
- Newsy Raises $1.5 Million in Series B Funding For Mobile News
- ChaCha Raises $20 Million In Series F Funding
- SnagAJob.com Snags $27 Million Series C From August Capital, Others
- Wonga Raises £73m In Series C Funding To Double-Down On Massive UK Growth