In Preparation For Its “Social Buying” Launch, ‘Facebook Deals’ Get A New Landing Page
On On the eve of the news that Facebook will be testing a new deals service, Facebook has removed its old Deals locator landing page and put up a new subscription page which allows interested users to subscribe for its coupon-like checkin deals. Subscribers will eventually get updates in their newsfeeds.
“We will test a new feature for our Deals product that allows people to buy deals on Facebook and share them with their friends. Local businesses will be able to sign up to use this feature soon and people will be able to find Deals in the coming weeks,” Facebook told PC World in a statement. More details on the product have not yet been posted.
While there’s a huge emphasis on social buying (, this new feature will be less about copying Groupon and more like Foursquare Rewards, where users who check in to a place will be offered localized discounts like 20% off on baby clothing and “Buy One Get One Free” lattes.
The new deals landing page supports San Francisco, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, San Diego with “more cities coming soon.” The in-stream updates are not yet live.
- Looks Like Facebook Deals Is Being Unveiled Tonight With Credits And Partners In Tow
- The Other Location Shoe Drops: Facebook Deals. Will It Discount Rivals?
- As Facebook Eyes Online Deals Space, Groupon Plots Facebook Ad Blitz
- Facebook Deletes Social Fixer Community Page Without Explanation
- Google Sites Now Allows You To Create A Mobile Landing Page