IAC Elects Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner To Expanded Board
IAC has expanded its board of directors with a thirteenth seat and elected well-known businessman Michael Eisner, who served as chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company from 1984 until 2005, to join said board, effective immediately.
Prior to his long tenure at Disney, Michael Eisner served as the President of Paramount for eight years after starting his career at ABC. In fact, he was hired at ABC by none other than Barry Diller, until recently chief executive at IAC.
In 2005, Eisner founded an investment firm called Tornante. He’s also chairman of Vuguru, a studio focused on producing programming for the Web and other digital platforms that was incubated at Tornante.
Eisner also serves on the boards of the California Institute of the Arts, Denison University, the Aspen Institute, the Yale School of Architecture Dean’s Council, and The Eisner Foundation.
IAC is a media company with a wide range of businesses, including Ask.com, CitySearch, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, Dictionary.com and Match.com.
- Michael Eisner Greenlights FameTown With $300,000 Seed Investment
- Prepping For An IPO, LinkedIn Adds Sequoia Partner Michael Moritz To Board Of Directors
- Buddy Media CEO Michael Lazerow Joins SavingStar Board of Directors
- Voting System Test Hack Elects Futurama’s Bender To School Board
- Former Northrop Grumman CEO Ronald Sugar Joins Apple’s Board Of Directors