SuccessFactors Acquires Enterprise Social Learning Startup Jambok
SuccessFactors has acquired Jambok, a SaaS social learning company founded by former Sun Chief Learning Officer Karie Willyerd and former Sun Chief Technology officer Charles Beckham. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Jambok’s SaaS enables companies and communities to share knowledge in the the cloud. Ideal for the “informal learning” (everything that’s not official training) part of corporate communications, the Jambok platform allows you to post video, audio, photos, as well as screen capture your desktop in order to share knowledge within your organization. Users can also rate, tag, and comment on content on both the web app and via mobile apps.
SuccessFactors plans to integrate Jambok’s social video creation and sharing tools into its social collaboration offering as well as other areas of the Business Execution (BizX) Suite, including social recruiting.
This is SuccessFactors’ fourth acquisition in a year. The cloud software giant bought social enterprise software company CubeTree for $50 million, Inform for $40 million, and cloud-based analytics platform YouCalc for an undisclosed amount.
- SuccessFactors Buys Enterprise Learning Management Software Plateau For $290M
- SuccessFactors Acquires YouCalc To Offer Cloud-Based Realtime Analytics Platform
- Enterprise Startup Spotlight: eXo, Keeping Java Alive in the Enterprise
- Social Enterprise Wars: Socialtext Goes After Yammer With Free Migration Tool
- Ping Identity Raises $21M To Provide A Secure, Single Sign-On For Enterprise Applications